You decided that you pass your holidays in Liguria? Well! Now arrives another question: Where I will sleep? Let’s admit it is a quite important question 😉 In this post, I’ll help you choose one 😉 Especially because now is the right period to start booking an accommodation!
- Holiday homes are rife and you can find them everywhere! Especially where are no hotels …
- Hotels are numerous in the bigger towns, resorts and in Genoa. However, if you want to stay for example in Apricale you have to find a holiday house 🙂
- Holiday homes are about 99% of the total number of the places where to sleep there.
- Hotels are not so common. The most of them you can find in Monterosso.
- Holiday homes are usually available all year long. So they are a nice tip for autumn/winter holidays.
- Hotels are usually seasonal. Especially those located in resorts. They are opened usually from Easter/half of April and they close at half of October. In cities like Genoa, La Spezia or Savona hotels are open all year long.
- Holiday homes are often cheaper than hotels. The prices are lower because holiday homes don’t offer all services that hotels do (reception, room cleaning, towels changing, etc)
- Hotels generally cost more. However, it is not a rule anymore. Very often you can find some interesting offers of hotels for the small price.
- Holiday homes … well, it depends on what you find … however, more and more houses are modernized and they are often very nice and modern. However, generally, it is the option not for fussy tourists.
- Hotels in Liguria have their categories that range from 2* to 5*. This thing helps avoid unpleasant surprises – you pay for the prearranged conditions.
Where can you find them?
- The most efficient way to find a nice holiday home is still by referrals. However, there are some good websites where you can check and find holiday homes. It is enough to write the name of the town where you are going to spend your holidays and they show you all holiday homes of that zone. I suggest you check these websites:
- Finding a hotel is much easier. Majority of hotels in Liguria have their own websites. What is more, you can use also the worldwide famous websites:
I hope that all this info were useful and will help you to get a right decision!